Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rye, spelt, durum, millet, & Barley  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Joanne_

• My Blog
Rye, spelt, durum, millet, & Barley
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
Well, I have finally found a way of ordering whole grains to be delivered locally here, which is the good news.  The bad is that it might take several months for them to get a big enough order for it to be done.  I am thinking of ordering rye, spelt, durum, millet, and barley.  The only thing I am thinking is that I really want to try the spelt, durum, and barley, but I have not found them anywhere even at the big city stores.  Can you tell me what I could expect from these flours in my bread making?  What do they give to the bread that would make them worth keeping in 25 lb bags or larger?  Are there other choices that would be better?   :hmm: I use an 8 grain cereal that has millet and barley in it, but other than that I have no experience with any of them except the rye which I like real well.  Any pointers would be helpful...
--
Joanne
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.     Martha Washington (17