Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The May breads are here! The May breads are here!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
The May breads are here! The May breads are here!
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
With only a few days left in April, it's time to look ahead to next month's breads I think I'll try to announce the breads about a week before so that we have a bit of headway on not only what breads specifically we may be looking to do but to give folks a chance to get any specialty items you might need ready.

For example, for May we have the Miche Pointe-à-Callière which asks for "high-extraction whole wheat flour". Now I can tell you flat out this isn't something I keep around the house so I'll need to try and find some. That said, Mr Hamelman does mention in the sidebar for this bread that one can substitute complete whole wheat for 85 to 90% of the flour and the remaining 10-15% white bread flour.

We also have a link to an online recipe of Corn Bread adapted from Mr Hamelman's for those who haven't got the book yet but still want to join in the fun. See the Corn Bread Overview for details.

Lastly we round up our three breads with Grissini, which is fancy talk (ok, it's actually just Italian) for Bread Sticks. So forget your mother's admonition to not play with your food. Have fun with these, twist 'em up a bit, the recipe makes suggestions for roasted garlic or Parmesan Grissini but I'm sure the clever bunch that we are, we'll see other interesting takes. And bread sticks sort of lend themselves to interesting visuals so I for one am looking forward to what people manage to come up with when they take their photos.

And as always, stay mellow! Go with the flow, it's supposed to be fun, not stressful.
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.