Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Natashya's Aloo Paratha... story  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Natashya KitchenPuppies

• Living in the Kitchen with Puppies
Natashya's Aloo Paratha... story
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
Hi! I made the aloo paratha last night. I have made paratha before but not this kind.
The stuffing was very tasty, and I managed to use all of it in my parathas.
Rolled them out and they were looking perfect!  :thumbup:
My daughter was coming home for dinner and I was doing a fancy Indian/Middle Eastern feast for her with lots of dishes.. and I decided to stack the rolled breads with wax paper in between while I waited to cook them.
Big mistake!
They stuck to the paper and my perfect rolled aloo paratha we ripping when I peeled them off!  :'(
I patched them back together and cooked them.. and they were very tasty despite the fact that I messed up.
But I was so mad at myself that I didn't bother with photos.  :soWrong:
Eh - it happens.
Luckily the taste was great - I'll definitely make them again one day..
After I have gotten over messing up the first time.  :(

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
Re: Natashya's Aloo Paratha... story
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
 :snicker: I did that too, stacked them up with a little extra dusting of flour between while waiting to cook them. Bad idea. Glad to hear you liked them in any case!

Today's lesson: Don't stack up your rolled out parathas, kids! They require either plenty of counter space OR rolling out just as you cook the one before. The latter is probably best.

But they are still extra yummy, even if messed up. Remember the golden rule of baking: You can almost always eat the evidence.

I'm sure your next batch will be beautiful and tasty.
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Joanne_

• My Blog
Re: Natashya's Aloo Paratha... story
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
I always figure that if it taste's good, and the family eats it without complaint, then I can just make it again another time and know what NOT to do!  Like my Pain au Levain last week, I put to much oil on top of it to stop it sticking to the lid of the container, then rather than folding it till it was incorporated I just did a simple envelope fold, but the oil stopped the dough from melding together and created a huge rolled dough effect when I shaped and baked it.  Just a disaster waiting to happen.  Lol, mine was fed to the goats, chickens, and dog who all thought it was great!  My husband and I thought it was awful!
--
Joanne
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.     Martha Washington (17