Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pancakes Tomorrow  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Pancakes Tomorrow
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to visit a friend and we are going to have a go at making dosas, Indian pancakes made with a mixture of fermented lentil and rice flour.... then I might come home in the evening and try my hand at crepes.

It's Pancake day tomorrow in England!  I am not sure if I will be out racing but I am certainly going to eat pancakes
Holding Pancake races is a tradition in the UK which dates back at least to the 1400s and are practiced in villages and towns throughout the country. It is thought to have originated when a housewife heard the church bells ringing for service whilst in the process of making her pancakes, so she ran out of the house still carrying her frying pan and pancake.

Nowadays, contestants have to carry a frying pan, complete with pancake, and race to the finishing line tossing the pancake a number of times throughout the race.  The winner is the one who gets to the end first having constantly tossed their pancake.

Last week just to get in practice I made buckwheat galettes and we ate them with garlicy mushrooms and grated cheese...

Anyone got a favourite pancake combo to share?  :yumm:
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes