Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4th times a charm??  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Tomcatsgirl

• On Board
4th times a charm??
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »
So as stated in my intro I have been trying now for about almost 3 months to get a starter going.  I am on my 4Th attempt now this one was started on Tuesday the 18Th I am on day 3 and will be adding my last shot of Rye and PJ too the jar in a bit. I am storing it in my oven. My last 3 attempts were 2 water/flour and 1 wheat/pj. I possibly had something going with my last attempt but at day 6 no rise at all few bubbles some hooch and a really flat smell I threw it out. I woke this morning to find Monique is thriving well not only does she have a few bubbles but she has risen a bit yaba daba doo! I let out a little shout this morning when I first peeked in at her. My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't understand why I won't just buy some! I CAN DO IT!! I am very hopefull that I will get Monique thriving well. Introducing Monique  :snicker: ....
Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts!  ~James Beard

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Re: 4th times a charm??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
 :hi there: Monique, hang in there dearie !  We're rooting for you here  pompom
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes

Offline Abby

• Stir it! Scrape it! Mix it! Bake it!
Re: 4th times a charm??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
Congratulations!! I hope Monique keeps thriving!

(My hubby thought I was totally crazy when I was obsessing over starting my starter, too...It was the first thing I checked on each morning and the last thing before bed. And sometimes he'd catch me in the middle of the night with a flashlight, just checking to see how Austin was doing.  :snicker: )