Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dan Lepard - "The Hand made loaf" and "Art of Handmade Bread"  (Read 2539 times)

Offline lello

Dan Lepard - "The Hand made loaf" and "Art of Handmade Bread"
« on: September 29, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »
This is just and information which I want to share with the group.
I decided to buy "The hand made loaf" after having read some reviews a done a bit of research. But somehow amazon.de that day was pricing "Art of Handmade Bread" at 12 euros and "The hand ..." at 256 euros!!!!! .... :hmm: (a day later they had similar price...but it was too late).

The two books are apparently identical, but "art of..." reports all quantities in cups, and puts in parenthesis the weights, in metric system. Basically "Art..." is the American version of "the handmade loaf".
I bought "Art..." but I was not aware of this subtle difference, and, since I am scared about my son reading a book with a "cup" and a "tablespoon" as units of weight ;)... I gave it to a friend of mine and ordered the other one....

Offline ap269

• Family & Food
Re: Dan Lepard - "The Hand made loaf" and "Art of Handmade Bread"
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:36:02 AM »
I have no clue why "The Handmade Loaf" is soooo expensive on amazon.de (Germany). If anyone from Germany wants to buy it, go to amazon.co.uk - it's £8.97 + international shipping which is WAY cheaper!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:52:08 AM by Paul »
Andrea (ap269)

Family & Food

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
Added link to the UK store in above post for easy snatching.
Also noted that the hardcover version on Amazon UK was £99! What the heck is up with that? :o
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »
Maybe it is out of print in hardback now. Still that seems a tad excessive.   :wot?:
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes