Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Metric weight tables  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Sloan

• On Board
Metric weight tables
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »
I typically weight my ingredients to the nearest gram since it is more accurate than using ounces.  I've gotten tired of recalculating the weight for each recipe so I created a table that I can look up the weights for the nearest tenth of an ounce.  I've found this very helpful, so I'm posting this here.  I've included two table, one to convert to the nearest tenth of a gram and one to the nearest gram.  Since I sometime cut recipes in half, I've included a column for that as well.  The tables only go up to one pound, but you can easily add in another 454 grams for each additional pound.  I've printed the table and now use it as a bookmark.  Hope this helps.

Offline Abby

• Stir it! Scrape it! Mix it! Bake it!
Re: Metric weight tables
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
 :bow: Thank you!!! This is awesomely helpful! I have only recently started converting to grams and I've been keeping some cheat notes on the back cover of my book . . . this is so much better!!

Offline Trishinomaha

• On Board
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »
Thanks so much for these weight tables. I also prefer to use grams - it just makes it easier. I can't tell you how many times I've run from kitchen to computer to convert from ounces to grams so your table is going to be taped inside my baking cupboard for easy use. :thumbup:
Trish
"Trishinomaha"
"If you're afraid of butter, just use cream." -- Julia Child

Offline ap269

• Family & Food
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »
So glad I have a scale that does both  :D.
Andrea (ap269)

Family & Food