Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recommend a scale  (Read 1539 times)

Offline baker_nick

• On Board
Recommend a scale
« on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:30 AM »
Since I started breadmaking I realized my scale is inadequate.  It only reads in 2g increments and it's not very consistent.

Can you recommend a good kitchen scale?  Thanks!

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Re: Recommend a scale
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
The one I use the most is this one http://www.myweigh.com/node/2308  the excitingly named KD 8000 which has a nifty bp function, useful for scaling dough off and so on.

Having said that, if you are looking to weigh out 1 gram of something even this one won't do it that accurately and you need a different sort of scale to do that I think. But this is a lovely set of scales and comes with a huge long guarantee/warranty thingy. 

Worth checking out other people's reviews.   It all depends on budget and how much space you have for the scales.
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes

Offline Karin

• Karin´s kitchen
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
I bought one for half the price when one major home department chain where closing down, it was where own brand and the thing that was important to me was that it should have both kg and lb, I´m not sure how exact the measureing of 1 gram is on it...
My dad use an old letter weight when he´s weighting yeast and other very small things.
Mine is small black and flat and says "HI" to me when I press the button

(meaning the level of the battery, but I respond every time anyway...)

Offline Steve

• burntloafer's blog
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:21:53 PM »
I really like the same model that Joanne recommended, above, because I have had great success with it.  It also will carry up to 17 lbs, so it is useful for weighing meats when making small batches of sausages, etc.  It has been a real trooper, and easy on batteries.

In general if Joanne recommends something, Go With It!   :bow: