Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bread disaster pictures anyone?  (Read 9245 times)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
Re: Bread disaster pictures anyone?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2010, 08:05:48 PM »
The scones look lovely!  :thumbup:
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Steve

• burntloafer's blog
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
Demeter and I had a little side project.  We saw a really cool 'shaped' bread over on another site and tried it ourselves.  She made the recipes supplied, which turned out beautifully; I will let her post that when she is ready. 

Always one to overshoot the mark, I thought of the stiffest, toughest dough I have ever laid up, and it was challah bread.  Don't get me wrong, it is very tender when baked, but the dough is tough as sin, really slow to raise, and then, hey - lookout!  It is definitely a 'late bloomer'.  Lots o' oven spring.

So, I did the snipping with a scissors, but if I ever try it again I will use a lot bigger scissors and take much bigger snips.  My loaf kinda reminds me of a pincushion!

[smg id=63 width=500]

Offline Trishinomaha

• On Board
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »
I love this idea - in fact, I think I have some "disaster" pictures lurking somewhere. I have a tendency not to keep a permanent records of those "boo-boos" but I will do so in the future. When I first started baking four years ago I had sourdough dough that was so wet I just scooped it into the trash without even trying to see how it would have turned out. Knowing what I know now, It probably would have had a nice open crumb, right?  :doh:
Trish
"Trishinomaha"
"If you're afraid of butter, just use cream." -- Julia Child

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »
Steve,hey I missed the hedgehog bread - that's a recognised style, you know, I've seen it somewhere in a book, definitely not a disaster, no way  nu-uh

Trish, would absolutely love to see your disasters and anyone else's too  rofl
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes