Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 mediocre loaves  (Read 969 times)

Offline KnackeredBaking

• On Board
2 mediocre loaves
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
I was in love with this dough while making it.  It did seem a bit wet at first, but it rose nicely and it reminded me of baguette dough when I was folding and shaping it. It was really soft and airy.  This may have been a bad thing though, I'm not sure.  It doubled really quickly when I proofed it and I did have a bit of trouble slashing (may have over-proofed a bit!).  I also found that it didn't have much flavour.

Offline paulo

• On Board
    • Zine de Pão
Re: 2 mediocre loaves
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 02:53:22 AM »
I was in love with this dough while making it.  It did seem a bit wet at first, but it rose nicely and it reminded me of baguette dough when I was folding and shaping it. It was really soft and airy.  This may have been a bad thing though, I'm not sure.  It doubled really quickly when I proofed it and I did have a bit of trouble slashing (may have over-proofed a bit!).  I also found that it didn't have much flavour.

Hi! It does look a bit overproofed, otherwise we all got the same problem with the "lack of flavour". Try to use the "finger poke test" next time to judge if a loaf is correctly proofed, the number of hours in the book are just a guideline.
My bread baking blog (in Portuguese, but google can help you!): Zine de Pão