Basic How To help: The FAQ

How do I...?
Post any technical (forum) questions here. Guests can post here.
Paul
Site Admin

Basic How To help: The FAQ

Postby Paul » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:11 am

At the top of each page, right below the main banner, You will find a link to the FAQ which contains a lot of useful info on how to navigate your way through the forum software. Please take a few minutes to read through this section if you're unfamiliar with this particular type of forum (phpBb).

If you still are unclear how you can do specific things, post a question in this Forum Help area. Someone, possibly another member or maybe me, will help you figure it out and make your posting here pleasant and issue free as possible.

That said, nothing works 100% perfectly 100% of the time so if there are issues, please don't panic. Although I'm not online 24/7, chances are still pretty high I'll find out about the issue quickly and try to fix anything that's going wrong.

If you run into posts that are of a questionable nature (meaning SPAM or other junk stuff) just click the little exclamation mark button Image you will see at the top right of each post and this will give you a reporting form. We want to keep the place spam and junk free so don't hesitate to use that function when you deem it necessary.

You can practice your posting skill without worrying about messing anything up if you post and play with the codes, buttons, smileys and so forth in the SANDBOX area. The posts in this section all get deleted once a day so don't worry about what you post there, even if it's just gobbledy gook and gibberish. (Although spam and junk posts are still not allowed on this forum.)

So go ahead and have fun posting away!
Paul
When you think about it, all galaxies are far, far, away.

Return to “Forum Help”