Anyone fancy joining in a mellow podcast?

Forum specific info, updates and news about how the place works
throup

Anyone fancy joining in a mellow podcast?

Postby throup » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I was considering recording my baking experiences in podcast form, and it occurred to me this may be something a group of mellow bakers could do together. Anyone interested?

I have only had an initial idea so no specifics yet. I imagine one per month, discussing each of that month's breads in one session. It could be that each participant records their input seperately, but I would think a group discussion (using something like a Google hangouts) would be most effectivel

Any thoughts? If no one else is interested, I will stick to my original plan of just recording my own.

[In the interest of drumming up most interest, I am posting this in both the BREAD and Handmade Loaf forums. If necessary, I will summarise discussions in both threads.]
My imaginatively self-titled blog: Chris Throup

Leavened_Heaven

Re: Anyone fancy joining in a mellow podcast?

Postby Leavened_Heaven » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:10 am

Well, I'd certainly listen, and might be able to contribute. I think it sounds like a good idea, but I'm slightly wary of poking my head above the parapet... ;) Not sure how much I can contribute at this stage, in as much as I'm a relatively new, if slightly obsessed, baker.

throup

Postby throup » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 am

I'm not greatly experienced myself, Will. I have been baking for about 4 years, but only about 6 months in anything approaching a structured fashion.

As for what you can bring, a little bit of obsession may be just what this needs. As I said before, I haven't worked out any specifics yet, so even suggestions for how to structure it and what to include will be useful. What would you, as a potential listener, hope to hear?

Leavened_Heaven

Postby Leavened_Heaven » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 pm

I would like a round up of the last months bakes (people's experiences, lessons learned, etc), and a preview of the next's. Perhaps a guest feature or group discussion about less directly related things. A round up of blog posts of interest, perhaps?
I don't know how many people to expect to be actively involved in the bakes, as I'm new to the forums.

Were you thinking of aiming it purely at participants, or of collaborating with participants to create something for a wider audience? I think a podcast has real potential... And the idea of being involved in some capacity is certainly growing on me, time willing. I have some experience with audio editing/sound engineering...

throup

Postby throup » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Will.

Leavened_Heaven wrote:Were you thinking of aiming it purely at participants, or of collaborating with participants to create something for a wider audience?

My original idea was simply to record my own experiences in audio form and release them alongside my blog postings, so neither! But both of your options are possible depending on the interest from other people here.

When I started this thread, I think I had in mind a small group of participants getting together (probably virtually) to discuss their experiences baking the breads in a given month. This, I imagined, would be mainly of interest to other participants, but would be made freely available to others online if they wanted to hear it.

However, I have never been able to find a good (or not so good) general baking podcast, so this could become a wonderful spin-off of the Mellow Bakers group! :D :lol: :P ... or maybe we should learn to walk before we run, as the saying goes.

Leavened_Heaven

Postby Leavened_Heaven » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Well, I see no reason not to give it a go! Make the podcast we Mellow Bakers want to hear, and build from there. I'll certainly do what I can, be that record a contribution/join in a skype/hangout or edit etc. I think start small and let it rise! I warn you, that's the level of punnery you can expect in my involvement. Apologies in advance.

Keep me/us posted :)

Return to “Forum News & Updates”