Naomi's Quick White Loaf

Naomi's Quick White Loaf

Postby Naomi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

And now you're all going to think that I'll be the first to do all the breads of Lepard's book... It's just a turn of events that I'm so quick on these two breads.

Yesterday we ran out of our daily bread, which is a sourdough, and since it takes almost two days to prepare, I thought of making a straight bread. And I turned out to be in luck, as one of April's bread is indeed a yeast one.
I did retard the last fermentation (put it overnight in the fridge, was too tired...).
I didn't have millet flakes, so used oats instead.
The bread turned out very nice. Very tastful to eat when still warm (as I did coming home from the swimming pool, it was a delight to eat).
Not one to become a daily for us, but it's definitely easy to make and quick! So it served its purpose.
Now the sourdough is getting ready for tomorrow's bake, untill then we have this quick white loaf, as well as more of the Cherry, Fennel & Rye, as I made another batch (of two loaves) of that one too.

http://gezondlekkerkoken.blogspot.com/
Naomi

Re: Naomi's Quick White Loaf

Postby Old_Bake_House » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 am

Those look great! I gave that recipe a look this week and realized I have whole millet at home, but not the flakes. Was toying with the idea of grinding some of the millet up by hand, with a mortar and pestle...

- Susanne
Old_Bake_House

Postby Mal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Naomi. That's some "push" you got after slashing.

See you settled for black poppy seeds on the cherry loaf. They're the only ingredient I am missing!

ATB

Mal
Mal

Postby breadexperience » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Beautiful loaves! I haven't been able to find millet flakes either, but I have rye flakes. May substitute that.
breadexperience

Return to #1: Quick White Loaf