Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Light Whole Wheat - Joanne  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Joanne_

• My Blog
Light Whole Wheat - Joanne
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
This is a loaf of Whole wheat that I made about a week or so ago.  It actually makes pretty awesome toast and sandwich bread too.  My husband likes it really well.

http://journeywithbaking.blogspot.com/2011/02/light-whole-wheat-bread.html[/url]

--
Joanne
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.     Martha Washington (17

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Re: Light Whole Wheat - Joanne
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
That's a splendid loaf indeed!  I love the golden colour right through the crumb  pompom

Loads of extras in the loaf, potato flakes and water I guess they makes the crumb softer and helps the bread keep, is that right?  ...  what does lecithin do?
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes

Offline Joanne_

• My Blog
Re: Light Whole Wheat - Joanne
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
The potatoes make the crumb softer, just like you thought.  The lecithin helps the bread keep longer.  I have used it in the past and thought I would try it again, but it isn't a necessary ingredient.  I was having problems with my whole wheat breads getting moldy before we had a chance to eat them. I usually make a 4 lb recipe and split the dough in half, one half I make into a 2 lb loaf and the other I make into kaiser shaped rolls for hamburgers and sometimes sandwiches.  I freeze the rolls and half of the loaf, and am not having nearly as much trouble keeping the bread fresher tasting.
--
Joanne
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.     Martha Washington (17