Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beer bread... Lien's favorite  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Lien

• Notitie van Lien (Lien's notes)
Beer bread... Lien's favorite
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:59:23 AM »
My favorite bread of the month.
I just have to add the picture here, can please anyone tell me how to get my picture link from (new) Flickr right?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notitievanlien/4745547750/#

All breads in one post: http://notitievanlien.blogspot.com/2010/06/mellow-bakers-in-june.html

Offline Anne Marie

Re: Beer bread... Lien's favorite
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:51:53 AM »
Lien,

Did you use the mona lisa button and then put your link address in it?  Good luck understanding that :)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:40:47 AM »
Don't forget the "HELP" link right in the naviagtion bar, this will explain how to add pictures and do all manner of cool stuff.

Looking at your flickr photo, however, it seems you have set some restrictions on your photos (or it may be based on your location, I think German rather strict copyright laws which are handled differently) which means it isn't set to just copy over. If you look at this photo in my flickr account, you'll note all sorts of options in small text above the pictures, these aren't available with yours. Again, I suspect it's regional.

Next best thing is to add it directly from your computer using the "Additional Options" that shows up below the post text box.

Again, much is explained in that HELP section.

And we DO have the "MEDIA" area for members to upload images as well. Which hardly anyone uses.  :'( That's sort of our own "Flickr" space.
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline blue

• On Board
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
Lien, what a lovely bread. Your photo and your comments have inspired me to try it.
I also had a look at your galery - WOW! You are one talented baker.

Paul, I have tried since joining to use the mona lisa button to upload photos but all I end up with is a square impression in my posting with a little red 'x' in the centre. I shall make time to visit your media centre and see if I can suss out where I'm going wrong.
blue

Oggi

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:18:58 AM »
Natalie,

I see that like my Flicker settings, only we can see all the buttons above the photos. If you are currently on the new page format you won't be able to link here. Switch to the old photo page setting, make sure the photo is set to public not private, click on All sizes, click on the size you want (small or medium), then click Grab the URL, right click Copy, click on the Insert Image (this page) , then right click paste and you're done. Hope this helps. BTW, your bread is beautiful!

I tried linking this photo while on the new page format and both Grab the URL and Grab the HTML don't work with the formatting of Mellow Bakers. I recently started linking thru Picasa and I'm able to link without problems.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:42:22 PM by Oggi »

Offline Lien

• Notitie van Lien (Lien's notes)
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »
Thanks for all the help. I used to get the link from flickr and had no trouble placing an image here, but now they've changed their layout (seems I'm 'chosen' to try it out...  :() I can't anymore. So I understand all about the mona lisa and stuff, searched in the help-section but I'm afraid I'll better go and complain a lot at the FLickr site!! Hope they'll fix it, or I'll leave Flickr at once.
It's not the German rights copylaws eiter, Paul... I'm from the Netherlands!  :D. I'll look into that media section next time if this doesn't work Paul, a picture after all paints a thousand words!

Thanks Oggi, I think that's it, hope they'll fix it. I'll try if I can make a post with links from Flickr.

Oggi

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:00:55 PM »
Natalie, I read the discussion forum a minute ago and a lot of people are complaining about this same issue with Flickr removing the BBL code or something in the link URL. It seems Flickr doesn't want photos appearing anymore in any forum, I don't know why.

This new page setting is supposed to be a test run but will be permanent soon. I am still able to switch from new/old as there is a button that says leave the preview which is only visible when I click on a photo. Flickr is annoying a lot of their users including myself. :)

I'm going to compare the old and new pages' URLs and see what's missing and try to play around with the codes. Update: I can modify the link URL by copying and pasting the missing codes which are in the photo HTML. It's inconvenient and tedious but at least I can still use my photos from Flickr to post here or any other discussion group.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:48:28 PM by Oggi »