Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Zeb's pane con semola di grano duro rimacinata finalmente!  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Zeb's pane con semola di grano duro rimacinata finalmente!
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
I think I would have given up if not for you Mellow Bakers,  but I finally found the 'remachined' extra fine semolina flour at an Italian deli in Bristol called Licatas. It does feel different, much finer and smoother and consequently the dough mixed more like a regular white dough and could take a longer mix and knead cycle, not that I kneaded it very much anyway.  I toasted the sesame seeds and popped them in, which brought the DDT to 75, so I was quite pleased with that instant way of warming up the dough  :snicker:. Anyway here it is. The crumb was open and pleasant, the crusts sharp, the texture quite firm, particularly after a day or two. It slices very finely if you want it too. I think I'm in love with it. Maybe because it was such a performance to get the flour, or maybe it is just a lovely bread.... If anyone wants me to send them some of this flour let me know. I'll put a blog post up tomorrow. Phew!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:57:27 AM by Zeb »
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes

Offline Natashya KitchenPuppies

• Living in the Kitchen with Puppies
Re: Zeb's pane con semola di grano duro rimacinata finalmente!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
Wow, gorgeous loaf - great holes and crust! I can almost hear it crackling.  pompom

Offline Zeb

• Global Moderator
    • Zeb Bakes
Re: Zeb's pane con semola di grano duro rimacinata finalmente!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:28 AM »
Thank you  :D
Joanna @ Zeb Bakes