Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Grissini  (Read 1603 times)

Offline KnackeredBaking

• On Board
Grissini
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:09:38 PM »
I completely forgot to post these pics!  I had a bit of trouble with the Grissini, as you can see from my photos!  The first round was very pale soft and chewy, and not in a good way. 
Upon further investigation, I realized that the salt amount was wrong in the book I was using!  So, I tried again and voila!  They turned out much nicer looking the second time but I still found them a little bland.  I added Parmesan cheese and some other herbs, but it wasn't quite enough.  I'm still not sure why the salt should effect the colour, but for some strange reason it did.

Offline jefklak

• Nougatbollen dutch cooking blog
Re: Grissini
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:48:34 AM »
Are you using extra virgin olive oil?
As you're saying it was bland, maybe you should try a better quality of oil as my grissini tasted a lot like the oil (which I loved) - that shouldn't be bland at all.

Depending on the thickness of your grissini, you should adjust the amount of time it should stay in the oven. I think I also did them a few minutes longer than advised in the book - can't remember exactly. Maybe that also helps in the coloring? Soft + pale = not enough bake time?