Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2 nice rustic bread loaves  (Read 1442 times)

Offline jefklak

• Nougatbollen dutch cooking blog
2 nice rustic bread loaves
« on: April 06, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »

Looks great but doesn't smell as good as the vermont sourdough, I was disappointed with the smell and taste in general. Maybe I didn't put enough salt in it, or maybe my growing preference for sourdough clouds my view, I'm not sure. Either way, the bread is nice but it was a bit too wet

Crumb shot:

I think I even added more % wholegrain wheat than used in the recipe because the dough was too wet to work with and I was out of white flour at that moment.

Offline charliez

• On Board
Re: 2 nice rustic bread loaves
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 03:29:57 PM »
Looking good Jeff!! dont be so hard on you and your bread and it is
unfair to compare it to VT Sourdough!
Saludos,

Carlos

Offline throup

• On Board
  • Chris Throup
    • Chris Throup
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
They do look like nice loaves; they have certainly opened well in the oven. I think you maybe are being too hard on yourself, comparing it to a sourdough. I too prefer the Vermont Sourdough to this Rustic Bread; I also prefer doughnuts to jam tarts, but they're not trying to be the same thing.
My imaginatively self-titled blog: Chris Throup

Offline jefklak

• Nougatbollen dutch cooking blog
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:36 AM »
Thanks guys, too bad I can't let you taste it, that would be really nice so we could evaluate each other's loaves  without only using pictures :)
I do think next time I bake bread without the mellow baker recipes, it'll be sourdough again. I'm hooked! (Now I just need to sell it to my girlfriend...)

Offline paulo

• On Board
    • Zine de Pão
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 02:54:25 AM »
They look really nice both loaves. Love that scoring. Lack of flavour is a problem with this bread.
My bread baking blog (in Portuguese, but google can help you!): Zine de Pão