Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How do I do [something] on this forum?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
How do I do [something] on this forum?
« on: March 10, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
I've tried to set up the forum so it's as easy to use as possible while still evolved enough to offer neat features.

If you're stuck trying to figure out how something on the forum works, you can look up the HELP topic up there on the main task bar. It covers much of the forum functions. If you still can't see help to solve a technical issue with the forum software, shoot me a message via PM by cliking the little talk balloon icon under my user name on the left or use the link in my profile.

How do I remove my email address from my profile?

It may be wise for you to take the following step when you've signed up: Go to PROFILE on the task bar, then select "Account Related Settings" from the menu on the side bar. Then place a check in the box next to "Hide email address from public?" - it is unchecked by default. This will add a little envelope under your username (see it right here on the left?) that will allow people to email you BUT through the board system, not directly. So they'll get a form and not see your address. If you email them back then, obviously, they will get that from your own email. But by then you'll have chosen to communicate with them.

If you leave the email checkbox unchecked, then your email address will show in your profile. This may or may not be a big deal for you. Only registered members can see your profile.

I'll add more tips and updates on neat new forum related features here as they're added.
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
Re: How do I do [something] on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:21:37 AM »
I've just added a new section called "Playground" for people to use to make trial posts and play with the posting features. Feel free to mess around in there, the posts will get cleared out regularly.
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.