Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: End of the third quarter!  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • Baking tons... but at work.
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
End of the third quarter!
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
And with the Raisin and Walnut Sourdough Rye under our belt (literally and figuratively), we are now officially heading into the Final Quarter of the Hamelman Challenge!

Post any "AHA Moments" or surprises that you ran across over the last 20 or so breads, which loaves were instant faves at your house, which were total duds, new tricks and methods you were surprised by...

We'll be heading into the last bend staring next month. Are your baking horses still steaming ahead (to mix the metaphors a bit) or are they slowing down to a trot?  Will they rise to the challenge and spring into action right to the end?
Paul
Yumarama Blog

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Offline Natashya KitchenPuppies

• Living in the Kitchen with Puppies
Re: End of the third quarter!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »
Woot! I am so excited to be on the last quarter! Feeling very accomplished indeed.
I have baked one of the May ones, 2 to go, and am looking forward to June's and the last quarter. Otherwise I have done them all, including all the variations. Feeling pretty good about Bread!!

Thanks so much, Paul.  :-* :thankyou: :-* You are the best!

What's after this book? I'm already excited!!!  pompom

Offline ostwestwind

• Küchenlatein
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »
Except the Hot Cross buns, I did all the breads I think. I have only to post the June breads, only. Looking forwardt to the last quarter.
Ulrike aka ostwestwind at

Küchenlatein

Offline Paul

• Administrator
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
I'm quite far behind on this quarter myself, with much of it happening while I was in a motor home moving 4000+ km across the country with very limited cooking space and, now in the new house, an untrustworthy oven, even though it's all shiny and stainless and such. So I'll try to go back and hit a few more if I can get the oven to stay at it's expected temp.

I'm having big-time bread baking withdrawals...  :wot?:

Paul
Yumarama Blog

Offline sgratch

• GeraintBakesBread
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
I for one am really sorry to be heading into the final quarter, but only because I was late joining in with you all and have so many breads to catch up with.

It would be great to know which are your 'must bake' breads so far, so I can start filling in the gaps.

Offline Melanie

• goldentweety
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm excited to be starting a new quarter, but so sad that it is the last.  I wish I had found this group earlier.  I love the site and am learning so much.  I sure hope another group starts after this one!!!  That would be so super.

I'm a little behind, but I am going to try really hard to keep up this last quarter pompom

Thank you for putting together such a cool group Paul!

Offline Sloan

• On Board
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
As we move into the last quarter, I have a question.  Will we be doing any of the decorative and display projects from Chapter 10?  Anyone interested?

Sloan
http://www.hamelmanchallenge.blogspot.com/

Offline breadexperience

• I love to bake and eat bread!
    • The Bread Experience
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
Wow!  The last quarter.  How did that happen? I really need to catch up.  If I can keep from re-injuring my arm (again), I'm going to try and bake as many as I can.  Happy Baking Everyone!

Offline Paul

• Administrator
    • Yumarama Bread Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »
Sloan:

What we do next is still being discussed (see the What Next? topic) so that would be something to mull over.

And speaking of... I'm still hoping to see more input from every Mellow Baker, old timers or new and even those just contemplating hopping in. "We" should choose what we do next, not just me.
Paul
Yumarama Blog